Thursday, October 2, 2008

Making Muffins

I had Maddie try out a new recipe today. Pumpkin Streusel Muffins (recipe will follow). They are pretty good-not with the rich spicy flavor that we are used to in our 'punkin' muffins, but a nice mellow flavor that isn't too overpowering.

I have this not-so-nice side to me that is a bit of a perfectionist, so when my kids bake I tend to want to run screaming from the room because of all the spilled flour and glops of batter that get everywhere. It's really sad, I know and I'm trying to get over it. So while Maddie was making her muffins (and a large mess) I ventured into the kitchen for a few pictures.

Spooning the batter into the tins. And onto the sides of the tin as well. *shudder*

Mmmm...streusel!!

Fresh from the oven.

Don't they look yummy? Didn't she do a good job? :o)

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins

1/2 c. margarine (1 stick)
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 can pumpkin
1 c. buttermilk
4 eggs
4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ginger

Topping
2/3 c. flour
6 Tbsp. brown sugar
4 Tbsp cold margarine

Cream together margarine and sugars. Add pumpkin, buttermilk and eggs. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until moist. In a separate bowl cut together streusel ingredients and sprinkle over muffin batter. Bake in greased muffin tin at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

McDave said...

Hi Jen,

The muffins look great.on the downside the "not so nice perfectionist" part of you might never go away but you do become MORE aware of it as time goes on:)