Monday, October 13, 2008

I can do it myself

Every child hits those milestones when they realize they can do something on their own without the help of Mommy or Daddy. Sometimes those milestones are anxiously awaited, and sometimes they are bittersweet. Miss Brianna recently decided that she can do her hair on her own. For me this is bittersweet. She gets up in the morning, brushes her hair, and puts it into a ponytail without any help from me. She is so proud of herself and of course, I am proud of her too, but one of my favorite Mommy things is doing my girls hair. Maddie and Megan are both way out of that phase and now Brianna is getting there too. She still lets me do it when we leave the house and she wants something fancier, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it will be her doing alone. Maybe this is why I keep having girls. What will I do when I don't have any little girl hair to brush anymore?



Miss Brianna-Hair done by Miss Brianna.

No comments: