Thursday, October 30, 2008

Homemade granola

Last night I made granola. We love granola and lets face it, the stuff is expensive to buy, and ridiculously easy to make. So we make it. Last night's version was of the peanut butter persuasion (yeah I'm on a bit of a p.b. kick right now, what can I say?).

Start with 6 cups of oatmeal. Uncooked please! ;o)

On the stove mix 1 cup of peanut butter with 1 cup of honey and a tsp. or so of cinnamon until well incorporated. You can also add some vanilla-I was out and didn't notice a difference.

Pour your p.b. mixture onto your oatmeal. Yeah it looks kind of gross.

Mix well.

Put in a 250-300 degree oven forever. Ok, not forever, more like an hour or two, stirring every 20-30 minutes. Then turn the oven off and let dry completely.

Remove from oven and don't stop eating until you realize that your kids are looking forward to having this for breakfast. Continue to nibble for rest of night, but not in large mugfuls that you started with. :o)

1 comment:

mommy nurse said...

This looks so easy I am trying to make it but mine doesn't look as runny as yours. I guess I will cook it and see what happens! The kids are so excited!