Monday, July 14, 2008

Busy weekend

Sorry-the batteries in my camera are dead and I'm having a hard time finding the re-chargables (surprise surprise) so no new pictures today, but I'll tell y'all about our weekend anyways!

Friday was horrible! Hot, hot, hot and a bit more hot on the side. I knew it was coming in advance so I called my long-suffering brother and asked if we could stay at the hotel if it wasn't too busy. He graciously complied and the kids proceeded to go crazy. I don't get it-the hotel is in town, we've stayed there before (heck in January we were stuck there for 4 days while our furnace was broken and we all went crazy wanting to go home), and yeah, it's nothing new, but still my kids were so excited they wanted to start packing 3 days in advance. I'll never understand them. :o)

So Friday rolls around, and we head out to the hotel earlier than planned because it is so darn hot in our house. It was wonderful! I cranked the air in the room and turned it into an icebox, and sat on the bed and read a book in cool and quiet while the girls watched t.v. in the other room. After dinner we went swimming for a couple of hours. Great way to tire little ones out! While I was in the pool a dad came down with his daughter to swim. She got into the pool and he got into the hot tub where, while watching to see if I was paying attention, he proceeded to do push-ups in the hot tub. As if this is a difficult thing to do in water and he is a totally macho guy. It was hilarious and I am still laughing at it!

Anyways, that night we had a lovely storm roll through-our 3rd severe storm in 36 hours or so, nothing too bad, just knocked down tree branches, but it sure did look impressive rolling in! If I had a picture of anything this weekend I wish it was that! Thankfully the hotel walls are thick and the storm didn't disturb the girls too much so they drifted off to sleep while I had a nice, long bath in the hot tub!

The next day we headed home with Sara and kids hot on our heels. They stayed at the hotel too and Sara brought the kids over to play while Scott was sleeping. We had a nice morning/afternoon and as a bonus, the weather cooled off dramatically so the kids could go outside. Yay! After they left we decided to make a quick trip up to Unique (our favorite thrift store!) to pick up some things for Jas and for me, the pregnant lady with no clothes to wear. While there I found Meg a pair of Heelys (usually anywhere from $30 to $60) in near perfect condidition for 4 bucks! Making it totally worth the $10 of gas we had to use to drive up there.

Saturday was finished off with watching a movie with Caleb and Jolene (Be Kind, Rewind-not excellent, but a good way to kill 2 hours). After that I guess we headed to bed, but I was so tired I don't really remember actually doing it.

Sunday was the usual-Church, hang out with Sodens before softball (2 games this week actually due to the All-Star game), and then going to softball which, we actually won this week. (lol-sorry guys) After that we watched another movie with Brett and Katie ( a classic this time-North by Northwest, another not amazing movie, but a good way to kill time). Then we stumbled off to bed yet again and now we start a new day. As I'm sure you can imagine, I didn't get anything done this weekend so now I'm off to clean up the house. Have a great day!

1 comment:

McDave said...

Hey!that win catapulted us into a tie for 10th place:)