Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I've missed this blog

I used to write on here regularly. It was my diary, I suppose, of all the things that this little (not so little?) family of mine has been up to. And then...

I stopped.

Life, the chronicling of which was the entire purpose of this blog o' mine, got in the way. I can't imagine how that happened. I mean life with 7 people has to be easy and carefree, right? Yeah, those of you who that works for, please, drop me a line. I could use some pointers.

So fast forward a really long time to this past winter when this happened- 


To refresh your memory, the last family picture I posted was this one -


This picture was taken 2 1/2 years ago. Mom fail.

But you know what you do when you fail? You pick up the pieces and start all over again!

And here we are. A little older. A little wiser (maybe). A little more bored because we aren't going on Facebook for a whole week. (No, I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that I am here right now instead of mindlessly checking the statuses of people I haven't seen in person for years. Surely there is no connection between lack of productivity and Facebook.) 

Anyway, I would really like to get back at this. I love writing, and I especially love writing about this crazy little life of ours. And there are so many things to write about! A nearly 16 year old who is about to get her license, a 14 year old who is likely going to go to school for the first time in the fall, an 11 year old who is excited to start paging at the library this summer, an 8 year old who is so excited about summer camp that she talks about it nearly every day, and Kate. Need I say more?

So if you are joining us, welcome. I like to think we are a fun little corner of the universe - I hope you think so too!


No comments: