Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Go fly a kite

I don't have a very good track record of just letting things go so I can spend time with the kids. So yesterday when we got home from the grocery store, new kites in hand, and the ladies all eagerly asked if we could go outside immediately and test them out I said..."No".  And, realistically, this was a very reasonable response - We have new windows being installed tomorrow, and a few other projects, and the house still needed (needs?) some serious help. I watched their faces fall, and took one more look around the house, and, with a somewhat painful effort, I reassessed the situation and said..."Yes". Yes, to kites, yes to my kids...

Yes to living.

And here was the result -




What is it about kites that makes you feel like you are actually up there, a part of the sky?





Jas got home from work, found an empty house (and an open front door - whoops), and after a quick phone call, came over and joined us. 



The field was soggy, and muddy, and pretty much gross, and honestly, I probably yelled a few too many times for the kids to get out of said mud, and Kate's brand new shoes now look less than, but I'll take it...


...because this was ultimately what we will all remember.



Sassy poses - Do kids even know how to take normal pictures?



How could I not take time from the trivial to spend time with these ladies, 
some of which will only be here a few more years?



Yes, I am as tall as my shadow appears. Don't even question it.


This was way better than another evening of cleaning the house. 
I might be scrambling a bit more today, 
but I certainly don't regret it.  :o)


No comments: