Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Keeping it real

For some reason I live under the delusion that my house should really be clean and company ready at all times. In reality, if you are coming to visit I really need 2 or 3 weeks notice first. In writing.

I guess it could have something to do with the fact that people all over the internet (facebook, blogs, etc) post all the beautiful parts of life, and perhaps the funny ones, but rarely the messy ones. In an attempt at breaking that cycle I would like to welcome everyone into...

My dining room.


Oh yes, see it in all it's glory. School supplies still on the table; a pile of garbage and boxes in the corner, waiting for a new home after Spring cleaning (see how well that works?); the totally crappy sander we bought at Menards last night staring mockingly at me after I spent hours hand sanding my window frames; my table that is begging to be refinished. You get the picture - It's a mess.

I would love to say that my home rarely looks this messy. Ok, it actually doesn't always look this messy, but I certainly don't have floors that shine like the top of the Chrysler Building. Maybe once they've been that clean - When they were still in the boxes waiting to be installed.

And lest you think the mess is contained to this room, here is my kitchen -

And my living room (which was actually picked up a bit before I took this picture, but still leaves much to be desired)


And, because we are really showing off today, here is my 5 year old; unbrushed hair, 
cantaloupe face and all -


Welcome to our reality. It's not always my favorite (in fact, sometimes there is yelling involved), but it is what it is. Someday maybe it will look as lovely and perfect as I would like it to, but in the meantime...

We live here.

No comments: