Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Camping at Whitewater

Tis' still summer in Minnesota (sigh) and summer means camping! Every year, more or less, we go camping with our Bible Study Group, and this year was no exception! This year we went to Whitewater State Park which is know for it's noticeable lack of mosquitoes. It has been so rainy this year, we actually did notice a few, but very few. I think I got bit twice all weekend and if you are a MN native, you know this is a big deal.

Unfortunately, I didn't pull my camera out much, so for this post you are going to see primarily hiking pictures. The only other thing I really wish I had gotten pictures of was the sand beach which was truly awesome. If you haven't been to Whitewater I highly recommend it!

Anyway, we all know it is pictures you are here for, so here we go.


Getting 35+ people ready for a hike isn't quite as easy as it might appear. There always seems to be one more person who needs to run back to get something and, especially important for kids, just one more bathroom break to take!

Thankfully, in spite of many, many, many delays, spirits were high...


...mostly.


Sara was extra chipper on this particular afternoon, and I'm sure she is even more so after seeing this picture!


Yep, we're original. Taking pictures of each other. Awesome.


Piggy-back rides were plentiful...




...as were ears for holding. This is very important if you are a 2 year old named Kate.


Love this picture. Love these kids.


Still smiling!


I'm not sure, but I'm thinking Jeorge was feeling inferior, what with standing next to Brett and his towering height, so he stood himself on this rock to make himself feel taller. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what was going on.


And we're off! Uphill. Great.


We have kids. Just a few though.


Ok, so the uphill hike was worth the wait. Very pretty!


Aren't they authentic, what with their sticks and all.


Family photo op!


This is what we look like between takes.


Ok, not hike-related. I decided this lovely branch at our campsite would be the perfect place to stage our own Awkward Family Photo! However, upon posting this picture I discovered that people love it. Hmm.... Jas says he should have been in front of Kate if we really wanted it to be awkward. Oh well.


To sum up, it was a lovely camping trip. Beautious weather, good friends, good times. I highly recommend.


Summer, you can be done now. Don't make me put up the snowman.


No comments: