Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lefse!!

It's that time of the year again!! The holidays are fast approaching and for our Norwegian family that means it's time to make lefse. It is a lot of work, but amid all the mixing, rolling, flipping and fighting we usually seem to have a good time. ;o)

Measuring out ingredients.

Mixing the dough by hand. This is messy and time consuming!

The girls helped us by pre-rolling the dough balls for us.

Rolling out the dough. In order to know it is thin enough, you should be able to see the lines on the pastry mat through your lefse.

This is Caleb, helping us about as much as he does every year...

...but this time he decided to give lefse making a roll! (Heh heh)

Cooking the lefse. Yes, it takes a very skilled person to do this.

The finished product! To be eaten with butter and white sugar if you please. ;o)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen a lot of lefse in my life, and eaten my fair share. But, I gotta admit your rendetion looks awesome!! Nice work!

Sara said...

Yum. Can you bring me some? Please?

McDave said...

someone tried to tell me today that lefse was eaten with BROWN sugar...yuck!