Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Science time!


For Science this year we are using Apologia's Exploring Creation with Astronomy. (All of Apologia's products are excellent-I plan to use them all the way through high school and I highly recommend them!)

Anyways, we just finished learning about Jupiter and as an example of the Great Red Spot we got to make a hurricane tube. (For you astronomy illiterates the Red Spot is an enormous storm that 3 Earths would fit inside of. Crazy!) Yes everyone makes a hurricane tube, but it is sure fun watching your kids make one for the first time-They thought it was pretty cool!





We made the tube 2 days ago and it is still sitting on the kitchen counter, providing us with enjoyment at least a dozen times a day. I don't know how long it will stay there-If they had their say, probably forever, if I had my say, maybe another day or two. I'm guessing it will be closer to my say than theirs.

No comments: