Thursday, July 14, 2011

Slip 'n' slide!

After lots of rain and chill, summer has finally come to MN. (Ironically, I am posting this on a day when it has been rather rainy and chilly)

Someone recently left the sprinkler out on the driveway (no one is telling who) and subsequently, I drove over it. Whoopsie! So on a warm, steamy Sunday, the ladies talked the Papa into heading to the hardware store for a new one. He returned with a sprinkler. He also returned with this-


Then he broke it and had to go get another one. Lovely.


Anyway, the ladies had a funtabulous time playing on this long, yellow sheet of plastic enhanced with water, and I took some pictures to share with you.


They had this little blow-up boogie board type of thing, but as you can see in this picture of Megan-It was quite often just something to hold on to.


I took a few pictures of each girl. For some reason most of the pictures I took of Brianna caught her in a face plant. I wonder if she would have kept doing it if she realized how much it looked like it hurt in pictures...



Kate didn't do a whole lot of slipping or sliding, but she sure enjoyed getting her little fingers wet...


...And walking down the plastic as if it were a runway.


Maddie didn't feel much like bruising herself up on this particular occasion and stood on the sidelines watching her sisters looking silly enjoying themselves.


Oh! I got one of Brianna-sans face plant!


Megs, it's water from the hose-Did you really expect it to not be cold?


Lissie seemed to have the sliding-down-the-middle-of-the-plastic down best.


And my favorite photos of the day-Little Sister getting a ride from big sister...


...there was joy on both sides.

2 comments:

J. Arthur Schwartz said...

You have a blog

Sara said...

this reminds me that we have a slip n slide still covered in mud from last year that I should wash off and let the kids play with. :op Great pictures!