Saturday, March 14, 2009

A visit to the Sodens


For the past couple of days I, along with the younger two, have been visiting Sara and Scott and kiddo's out in the boondocks (a.k.a. Boyd, MN). It was really nice to be able to spend some uninterrupted time with them, as we have been missing them quite a bit! It was also a nice change of pace for me only having 2 kids for the first time in 6 1/2 years. It was also the first time I have ever left any of the kids home with Jason and I'm pleased to report that he not only did a great job with the kids, but he cleaned our bedroom (believe me-a huge job) and did most of the laundry (also a huge job!) while I was gone. What a great guy! :o)

We didn't do a lot-Just hung around the house chatting, played an amazing game of Scrabble (amazing because I won with a score of 305-probably my best score ever!), and watched some episodes of Friends-a wonderful way to spend a couple of days. If Kate had been a bit less crabby it would have been absolutely perfect!

Lissie of course enjoyed spending time with Andrew, but truth be told, was missing Papa and getting a bit homesick by around dinnertime last night. It was her first trip anywhere without Papa and the rest of the girls and I think it was a bit strange for her. Next time, with the rest of her sisters and warm weather, will be better I'm sure!


Breakfast time!
Kate and Sara. The Sodens have only seen Kate 4 times since she was born. Yeah, we do not see them enough. Kate during on of her rare not-fussing moments.

Allie-The cutest thing ever, as always. :op


It was warm enough that we could send Lissa and Andrew outside for awhile. It's so nice being out in the country where you can do that!
They are so cute!!! ♥ ♥ ♥
Playing on "the cushion". Ha ha!
Static!
I said I was going to bring Sara home so she could rock Kate for me all the time when she is fussy. I still think I should have!
We're home now and happy to be, but we really miss our Sodens and can't wait until they come home again!

No comments: